We Don’t Have to Repeat the Story
“She carries her brokenness like armor, not shame because healing didn’t make her soft, it made her stronger.”
|
|
And start looking at who we’re becoming.
Yes, they broke us.
Yes, they left scars.
But if we stay there, stuck in what they did, we hand them the pen to keep writing our story.
I’ve carried pain that wasn’t mine to carry.
I’ve repeated words I once hated hearing.
I’ve reacted out of fear and survival because no one ever taught me how to feel safe.
But now I’m the adult.
Now I’m the one shaping the next generation.
And I get to choose what continues and what ends with me.
I don’t want to raise children who spend their lives healing from me.
I want to raise children who grow up knowing it’s okay to cry.
To speak.
To question.
To break the cycle without shame.
That means I have to do the work.
I have to take responsibility for my healing.
Not to excuse what happened but to make sure it doesn’t happen again through me.
I can’t change the past.
But I can change what I do with it.
I can choose to be the kind of mother, woman, and human
That the little girl in me always needed.
And maybe that’s how the healing begins
Not with blame but with courage.

Comments
Post a Comment