The Pain of Silence, the Power of Compassion

Not to fix. Not to solve. Just to sit beside the pain and say,
“You don’t have to carry this alone.” 💛


There are moments when silence doesn’t feel peaceful.
It feels like a weight pressing on your chest.
Like words that got stuck somewhere between your heart and your throat, never said, never heard.
I know that kind of silence.

It’s the silence after crying in the shower because there’s no other place to break.
It’s the silence when someone walks past your pain like it doesn’t exist.
It’s the silence when you want to scream, “Please see me, please ask me how I’m really doing,” but instead you say, “I’m fine.”

We don’t talk enough about how heavy it is to carry things alone.
About how many people are sitting next to us, smiling on the outside while falling apart inside.
Sometimes it’s not strength, it’s survival.
And survival doesn’t always look loud or brave.
Sometimes it looks like getting up anyway.
Sometimes it looks like holding your breath through the day and finally exhaling when no one’s around.

But compassion
Compassion has a sound.
It sounds like, “You don’t have to go through this alone.”
It sounds like, “I see you. I don’t need you to explain everything.”
It sounds like presence, like a soft hand on your back, like someone choosing to stay.

If silence is what breaks us, compassion is what helps us begin to heal.
We don’t always need answers.
We need to be met with care, not correction.
With listening, not fixing.

Because sometimes the kindest thing you can do is show up
Not to change someone’s pain
But to remind them they don’t have to carry it by themselves.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

When Trust Disappears from the Streets

Contact

“Detrás de las redadas de ICE: explotación laboral y derechos humanos”